Speedy Dessert: Choco Peanut Mug Cake
We love desserts. We love to eat chocolates, ice cream, cakes and most especially we like to “papak” all those chocolate spreads and peanut butter inside the fridge. But did you ever think of making your own dessert? Yeah, you can — using your microwave oven. Shocker, I know. It is kind of weird because when we hear the word “microwave”; first thing we think of is re-heating food. True enough, we use our microwave oven to re-heat leftovers when we’re too lazy to cook. But you can make a dessert using a microwave oven in less than 10 minutes. Yep, fine dining in less than 10 minutes! (Uhh, sort of.)
Let me introduce to you, Choco Peanut Mug Cake. You know; if you want to eat while studying or have a kilig-crying buddy while watching sappy rom-coms or when you just have nothing to do. We’ll teach you how to make a mouth-watering, yummy dessert no matter how clueless you are in baking. Now, turn on that microwave oven and let’s start baking!
Choco Peanut Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder or tablea or any chocolate powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon peanut butter
- Peanuts or marshmallows (or whatever topping you prefer)
*note: use a medium-sized mug
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, chocolate or cocoa powder) in the mug.
*note: use a large fork to mix the ingredients
- Add the milk, oil and the peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
- Microwave the mixture on for 60 – 70 seconds.
*note: The texture of the cake depends on how long you baked it in the microwave oven.
50 seconds = gooey-like
60-70 seconds = fluffy and cupcake-like
80-90 seconds = extra chewy like a brownie
- Top it off with peanuts or marshmallows etc.
You can make some for your friends or classmates and let them tikim. You’re now the kusinero/kusinera in the barkada in less than 10 minutes!